ADA, High-Floor Cutaway Buses
High-floor wheelchair accessible vehicles are a simple answer to ADA compliance. You get exactly what you need and nothing you don’t. Uncomplicated design features separate the wheelchair entry and ambulatory passenger entry so that no matter your clientele’s physical abilities, they will be able to enter the vehicle.
Passengers sit higher within the bus, giving them a better vantage point. The seating design of the bus can be completely customized to your needs. If you anticipate having many wheelchair passengers sometimes and none on other trips, consider a bus full of flip-seats. These are bench-style seats that flip and lock up and out of the way to allow for a wheelchair position. If you anticipate having a consistent split of wheelchair-using and ambulatory passengers, consider a design with dedicated wheelchair positions and fixed ambulatory seats.
- High-capacity wheelchair lift typically 800 or 1,000 pounds
- Dependable, tested and certified parts and construction
- Unobstructed entryway for ambulatory passengers
- Larger seating capacity than low-floor models
- Higher vantage point for passengers
- Easy-to-sanitize seats
- Ground clearance
- Customized seating and luggage options
- Optional destination signs, custom graphics, and more for increased marketing visibility